We envision Parry Sound Area communities that are fun, healthy and safe places in which to live, work and play.
Our mission is to make cycling and walking safer, more convenient, and more fun, to support more people choosing clean, active modes of travel and recreation more often.
Building a movement around active transportation
- We are dedicated volunteers and organizations.
- We host events like the Fall Fun Ride, and promote provincial and national campaigns like Bike Month to celebrate active transportation.
- We build support for policy that prioritizes and protects bicyclists and pedestrians.
- We promote related activities of our community partners.
- We research trends in public use of active transportation.
Making walking and cycling safer
- More people want to ride their bikes regularly. We advocate for trails, cycling routes, and signage.
- We promote opportunities to include cycling and pedestrian facilities in the development and re-construction of infrastructure.
- We work with our community and municipal partners to plan, gather information, secure funding, and celebrate success.
- We build skills and promote safety with programs like Share the Road and CAN-BIKE.
- We promote physical activity in safe, outdoor spaces through people-centred design principles such as Complete Streets
Connecting communities and neighbourhoods
- We advocate for safer transportation and recreation networks within and between area municipalities.