Are you interested in seeing more people cycling and walking more places more often? We’re looking for volunteers to join Parry Sound Area Active Transportation (PSAAT).
PSAAT is a grassroots coalition of dedicated individuals and organizations. Our purpose is to make bicycling, walking and wheeling safer, more convenient, and fun. For example, we would like to see a safe and complete network of cycling routes within and between local communities. Our major focus is advocacy for more supportive infrastructure.
Examples of our past and current advocacy work include:
- Highways 559/124, paved shoulders
- Forest Street, bicycle route
- Nobel Road, paved shoulders
- Rose Point Rd, paved shoulders
- William Street, cycling lanes
- The Link, separate trail along Parry Sound Drive
- Bowes Street, road diet
- Regular input on municipal site plans
If you’d like to get involved, please let us know. Send your name, contact information, and any special interests to wpsactivetrans(at)gmail.com. Or show up at our next meeting – date TBA.
PSAAT meets monthly or at the call of the Chair from September to June.